What to do nearby
WHAT TO DO NEARBY
Youll never run out of things to do in Potrero Grande Agritourism Resort at Lake Martignano and not far from our Ranch, there are plenty of other interesting places to visit:
- The Regional Park Bracciano-Martignano is one of the newest protected areas of the Lazio region. It covers 16,682 hectares of land across the municipalities of Bracciano, Trevignano, Anguillara, Rome, Sutri, Manziana, Bassano Romano, Campagnano di Roma, Oriolo Romano and Monterosi, between the provinces of Rome and Viterbo. [www.parcobracciano.it] These medioeval village have outstanding historical centres.
- The Regional Park Valle del Treja and Monte Gelato waterfalls are just 11 km away and lies in yhe municipalities of Mazzano Romano and Calcata. It covers 650 hectares and it is characterized by a landscape of gorges, vertical walls carved in volcanic rocks from the river flowing, surrounded by rolling hills planted with arable clops, orchards, vineyards, olive groves and hazelnut. [www.parcotreja.it]
- The Veio Regional Natural Park, only 15 km away. [www.parcodiveio.it]
Our guests with an interest in ancient Roman history can also find archaeological sites of great historical significance:
- Campagnano di Roma, where you can find the historical Churches Santuario della Madonna del Sorbo and Collegiata di San Giovanni Battista. It is also known for its famous antiques fair on the last Sunday of every month (5 km away).
- Lake Bracciano, the eighth-largest lake in Italy (covering 57 sq km) with three historical villages on its shores: Anguillara Sabazia only (3 km), Trevignano Romano (7 km) and Bracciano, home of the famous 12th centurys Orsini-Odescalchi Castle (19 km). [www.lakebracciano.com] It is possible to take a ferry-boat and do the tour of these old towns.
- Calcata, the old medieval town which has reinvented itself as a haven for artists and one of the creative epicenters of Italy (17 km).
- The village of Sutri with its ancient Roman amphitheater and crypts (25 km). [www.sutri.eu]
- There are several historical churches in the area, such as Chiesa di San Pancrazio in Isola Farnese (15 km), Basilica di Castel SantElia (10 km) and Chiesa di Santa Maria in Celsano.
- Norchia, an ancient Etruscan city with an adjacent necropolis. [http://www.etruschi.name/norchia/index.html]
- For our guests who want to focus on relaxation and wellness, we suggest a visit to the Terme dei Papi baths and spa in Viterbo, with its monumental 2,000 square-metre thermal pool, natural beauty treatments and luxurious spa therapies. [www.termedeipapi.it]
- For those with a need for speed, its just a short trip to the famous Autodromo Vallelunga racing circuit. [www.vallelunga.it]
- The area also offers excellent options for guests who play golf, as it is situated just a few minutes away from two of the top courses in Italy, the splendid Olgiata Golf Club and the challenging Golf Nazionale in Sutri, and also Terre dei Consoli Golf.
- For all families and friends, we strongly suggest to go and have fun at the Treja Adventure Park immersed in the forest at just 20 minutes by car; www.trejaadventure.it
You can also find a hospital, medical services, ATM, banks, groceries and several fine restaurants, all within easy reach by car.
The farm is just 10 minutes away from Cesano di Roma train station, from which you can reach the city centre of Rome in just 30 minutes.
Lake Martignano is just 35 km from the sea coast at Fregene, where you can spend a day at the beach with your loved ones.